Monday, June 8, 2009

Adventureland Mom, Carla, shares some thoughts...

Whenever I clean or get around to cleaning my house... my four year old son, Bryan , asks me if he can help. And, of course, it's always things that I really don't want him to do...like mop or clean the bathroom sink...you know...it's not, "Mom, I'll pick up my toys that are all over the house"... I am faced with two choices: 1. I can tell him, "No Bryan, you can't do this. You don't know how to do it the right way or actually "my way". Go do something else" or 2. I can just give him the things he needs to help me and teach him in a way that he understands while making sure he is safe and knowing that the final result is NOT going to be what I would expect. Well, I've chosen #2...and when he is done, I tell him what a great job he did and when he is out of sight, I'll come back and finish it. It's a win-win situation for both of us in so many ways! Today, as I go through it again, I realize that this is exactly what happens between us and our heavenly Father... We tell Him that we can do it on our own and that we know how. And we actually believe it! In His neverending love, He patiently waits for us to be done...and in His mercy, He guards us from a fatality. Then, when we're done and we "realize" that He knows best, He comes quietly and finishes the work...a lot of time He actually fixes the "things" we might have broken along the way. And still, He doesn't say, "You don't know how to do anything. You can't do this". No, instead He says, "I love you so much! You did the best you could do according to your own understanding. Now I want you to know that you can do anything if you allow me to guide you; if you allow me to teach you; if you just TRUST in me!". It's a win-win situation for us!!!


God Bless You,Carla M. Persinger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! :)

Post a Comment